I recently returned from an amazing trip to Portland, Oregon where not only did I reconnect with family, friends and the city at large, I also ran a workshop – Transforming Your Body From the Inside Out. There was a great turnout and I enjoyed sharing information about emotional eating, eating more alkaline vs. acidic, juicing and making more conscious healthful choices.
Since my return I got a juicer and thought I’d give juicing a whirl. I had never previously juiced so it was exciting buying all of my fruits and veggies, getting them home, washed and prepared and then making my first juice. That was four days ago.
Since my workshop in Portland and here in New Jersey, I’ve had many people talk to me about getting started juicing. I thought, well it’s more fun and easy to do things with others support and encouragement so why don’t I find out who wants to go on a juice cleanse with me?
Here are my thoughts, I want this experience to be simple and easy to commit. Most of the people who I’ve talked to have never juiced before. I’m new to juicing myself and I know how hard and daunting it can be to add something extra to do in your already packed day. My goal is to create the opportunity for those who want to join me, at whatever level feels right, and be able to check in with their experience along the way. So this is how we’ll do it, aka ‘The Guidelines’…
Official Start Date: February 20th
You decide what level of commitment you’d like to join me at:
- Add at least 1 glass of freshly made juice (veggie/fruit)
- A Juice Cleanse – Get yourself a copy of Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
- A Juice Fast – To be inspired watch Fat Sick & Nearly Dead
- And if you need a juicer I recommend the Breville BJE820XL Dual Disc Juice Processor
Let’s see how we do over 30 days, March 21st will be our official end date.
Here is my commitment:
1 week juice fast, and then at least 1 juice a day.
- Leave a comment below telling us a bit about yourself and what you are committing to. Make sure to leave us your name.
- Share with us your daily progress, challenges, and thoughts. The more you share the more you will get out of your experience.
- If you find or create a delicious juice, share it in the comment section.
- If you have suggestions you think others could benefit from, leave a tip.
- Make sure to visit back to see how others are doing, what tips and suggestions have been shared and just be part of the fun!
Let’s all give and receive support to each other in taking small steps to greater wellness. Ready? If so, you don’t have to wait to start posting comments. Let’s make this a fun experiment!