I bet the title got your attention didn’t it? The real question is do you want to Get Financially Naked? For most, the answer to this question is no…it just seems to scary. The topic of finances becomes a hot button for many relationships. Many times those hard questions get swept under the rug until after the wedding bliss settles and couples find themselves at odds when money issues start appearing. Decisions like, do you have joint or separate accounts? Are expenses covered equally or is one of the couple primarily responsible? If you have children, do you pay for their college? The list of financial questions continue…
Get Financially Naked, written by Manisha Thakor, MBA, CFA, and Sharon Kedar, MBA, CFA is one of the newest books I was asked to review. This is a great book to help avoid the financial stress that can destroy even the best relationship. Use this guide to peel away the layers and get to the naked truth in your committed, long-term relationship. This financial guide will help you:
- Take responsibility of your own finances: Only once you can take responsibility of your own finances can you achieve healthy finances with your honey.
- Uncover your current financial beliefs that guide your decision making.
- Do it with your partner, you’re a team now!
- Talk money with your sweetie…how about a little financial foreplay.
- Discover your financial compatibility: are you going to argue at every turn about how to spend money?
- Ask the hard questions and take five steps to financial success.
- Make your money work hard for you, instead of always having to work hard for your money!
Use the many great worksheets and questions included in this book to guide your journey as you create an open, healthy dialog with your partner. This book can help you keep the love alive and avoid the financial pitfalls in your relationship. You will find this book is a small investment for the potential rewards it offers. Get a copy for yourself today!
Angela, The Goddess Next Door
PS – If you find yourself personal struggling or challenged in this arena, consider how you may be sabbotaging your finances. Let’s talk about how Transformational Life Coaching can help you tap create personal and business success and turn your finances around.