Over the years in my coaching practice I have noticed a trend that more and more women are leading with their masculine side – the driving side that pushes, analyzes and tries to maintain control.
I hear it all the time from women that they are feeling pushed to their limits. The demands we face every day can feel overwhelming, overloading our to-do lists, attending time management workshops, scheduling “quality time” with the people we love, driving ourselves faster and harder trying to do it all.
Ultimately trying to control things that are uncontrollable will leave you feeling overwhelmed, resentful, and depressed.
Have you experienced any of the following?
- Pushing, trying to make things happen?
- Struggling and always taking on more?
- Never having the time to take care of and pamper yourself?
- Feeling like there isn’t enough time to do everything you need to do and always feeling pressed for time?
- Taking work home with you?
- Always having one project come up after the next, everything seeming to be ‘URGENT’?
- Analyzing situations until your brain feels like it’s spinning and you’re physically exhausted?
- Has your sex drive diminished, never feeling ‘in-the-mood’?
If so, your masculine side has taken over!
We are to be leading with our feminine side, we are women after all. That receptive, allowing, heart centered, open and intuitive side of ourselves.
Feeling like you always have to do more and constantly be busy is stressful, but we continue to do it because it gives us the feeling of control and safety. Sounds crazy I know, but we often continue with something that is uncomfortable to avoid the fear of the unknown and the discomfort that comes with it.
The practice of trusting your feminine side and slowing down usually brings up feelings of anxiety and sometimes panic. It may feel very foreign and unproductive and it certainly can be challenging to go through it alone.
Without the tools to deal with your feelings correctly, you will end up stuffing them back down and strengthening them in the process.
Imagine a child who throws a temper tantrum to get something they want. If they have gotten their way in the past, they learn very quickly to keep increasing their outburst until you react.
The same thing happens with your feelings. They become stronger and stronger each time you push them away. That’s why sometimes you find yourself reacting way out of proportion to something that upsets you.
Why would you ever want to go through all that drama?
By taking back control over your life you will experience:
- Becoming more calm, more grounded and more at peace.
- Becoming less reactive to external situations and have the ability to respond in more appropriate ways.
- Recognizing and responding to your feelings rather then unconsciously stuffing them with busy distraction, emotional eating or spending money on things that won’t fulfill you.
- Feeling more confident and joyful.
- Feeling less-stressed, overwhelmed and anxious.
- The ability to connect with your deeper purpose and what is truly important to you.
- Attracting new, healthy relationships, improving your family relationships, and deeper, supportive friendships.
Have you allowed your masculine side to take over?
Imagine what it would be like if you were more connected with your intuition allowing you to be more successful in business and relationships, while feeling more relaxed and having more fun. If this is something you would like more of in your life, schedule a coaching consultation and learn how having a Transformational Life Coach on your side can help!
Angela, The Goddess Next Door