Episode 017 – Mira Binzen
Spiritual Well Being for Children
(Including your Inner Child)
Mira Binzen is a Yoga Life Stylist and registered Yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level (E-RYT, RCYT), a certified iRest Yoga Nidra teacher and a professional Integrative Yoga Therapist (1,000-hour level certificate). She holds a degree in Child Psychology from The University of Minnesota’s Institute of Child Development, with specialized study in Communication Disorders. She has been training people to teach yoga to children since 2002.
- Children’s yoga looks very different than adult yoga – much more fun! Think wind in the trees
- Children are so alive and have a fresh perspective on life
- Well-being = balance in all areas of your life: physical, emotional, mental & spiritual health
- We all have a natural connection to source and a child’s connection is more pure
- Mira shares how to help kids learn to meditate (including toddlers) – mental hygiene
- Mantra – repetition of a sound or affirmation like Sat Nam “I am the truth”
- Even if you don’t know the correct pronunciation or what it means the key is intention
- Mudras – empowering, easy to use yoga for the fingers that helps them self-regulate
- Turtle in the shell (thumb wrapped by fingers) – grounding
- Pinky (water) + thumb = clear & effective communication
- Ring (fire) + thumb = positivity & intuition
- Middle (earth) + thumb = patience, discernment, focus & discipline
- Pointer (air) + thumb = clear & sharp mind
Mira’s Practical Tip:
Affirm Connection to Source
- Ritual – bedtime (read book, breathing, meditate, prayer)
- Practice Mudras
- 3 hours of unstructured free play each day
This Episode’s Sponsor – SPARKED – Manifest Your First Class Life
Click below to get your free copy of the SPARKED course and start manifesting your First Class Life.
Subscribe Now and Don’t Miss Another Episode!
Help me Spread the Word!
It would be fantastic if you shared The Awakened Goddess with your friends on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode was inspiring, head on over to iTunes and please leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!