Episode 22 – Anna Doogan
ChakraDance: Rhythm for Your Soul
Anna Doogan has been a lover of movement since taking her first dance class at age three. After twenty years of studying ballet and modern dance, Anna found herself wanting to share the healing power of movement with the greater community.
Anna has a BFA in Dance, an MA in Clinical Psychology, and is currently a Psychology PhD candidate with a concentration in Consciousness and Spirituality Studies. She also holds a certificate in Dream Studies and was the first Licensed Chakradance™ facilitator in the state of Oregon.
She and her husband are the co-creators of SoulWakening, a private practice dedicated to transformative growth and learning.
- Base (1st) chakra: represents security, basic needs, instincts, family patterns, grounding, stability
- Sacral (2nd) chakra: represents sensuality, pleasure, emotions, nurturing ourselves, change, movement, flow, sexual energies
- Solar plexus (3rd) chakra: represents personal energy, empowerment, self-esteem, self-confidence, sense of purpose
- Heart (4th) chakra: represents love, connection, compassion, forgiveness, acceptance
- Throat (5th) chakra: represents communication, self-expression, creativity, honesty, authenticity
- Third eye (6th) chakra: represents dreams, intuition, inner vision, inner knowing, clairvoyance
- Crown (7th) chakra: represents spirituality, meaning, unity, higher consciousness, Higher Power
Anna’s Practical Tip:
Connecting with Your Chakras
1st chakra: walk barefoot to connect with the earth, listen to the sounds of nature, practice Kundalini or Hatha yoga, use garnet or obsidian for grounding, listen to tribal-sounding music, incorporate more red into daily activities though clothing, food, or home decor
2nd chakra: spend time in moonlight, add more of the color orange, spend time in water through swimming or soaking, add a fountain to your surroundings, listen to water sounds, burn sandalwood incense for increased sexual energy, find support for emotions through therapy or time with friends, make more time for small pleasures
3rd chakra: spend more time in sunlight, add more of the color yellow to your life, work with amber stones for warmth and increased confidence, create a burning ritual to burn away negative self-talk or lingering thoughts
4th chakra: walk through nature and greenery, incorporate more of the color green, use rose oil to cultivate feelings of tenderness, make a list of the people who love you and focus on it, work with emerald, jade, or rose quartz
5th chakra: spend time under a blue sky, add a light blue scarf or necklace, chant or hum, practice more storytelling, carry aquamarine or turquoise stones, use eucalyptus oil for opening and clarity
6th chakra: reflect upon the starry night, begin keeping a dream journal, make a vision board, play games to practice strengthening intuition
7th chakra: practice sitting in silence, meditation, cultivate a spiritual practice, add more violet and white to your surroundings, work with amethyst as a stone
This Episode’s Sponsor – SPARKED – Manifest Your First Class Life
Click below for more information on SPARKED: 5 Weeks to Manifest Your First Class Life.
Subscribe Now and Don’t Miss Another Episode!
Help me Spread the Word!
It would be fantastic if you shared The Awakened Goddess with your friends on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode was inspiring, head on over to iTunes and please leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!